1. To make the cauliflower mash: Add 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. When hot, add the cauliflower pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until it begins to turn golden. Add the water, reduce the heat slightly, and cover. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until soft. Drain the cauliflower and reserve the cooking water.
2. Add the cauliflower to a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and pulse until smooth. Add another 2 tablespoons of the water as needed, and blend to the consistency you like. Set aside.
3. To make the filling: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and carrot. Cook until soft. Add garlic, bell pepper, and asparagus to the skillet with the vegetables. Add about 1/4 cup of the remaining cauliflower water to the skillet with the vegetables and cook until they begin to soften.
4. Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a second skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the ground beef and cook until browned. When the ground beef is cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer it to the skillet with the vegetables. Add the cumin, coriander, salt, black, and red pepper to the mixture. Stir to combine.
5. To assemble: Transfer the mixture to a cast iron skillet (or a lightly oiled baking dish if using). Transfer the mashed cauliflower over the top of the mixture and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle the paprika over the top.
To make zucchini noodles, use a julienne slicer or spiralizer to cut zucchini into thin slices. Set zucchini noodles aside.
Preheat broiler. Rub chicken thighs with five-spice powder; sprinkle with black pepper. Place chicken thighs on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat 8 to 10 minutes or until done (175°F), turning once halfway through broiling. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice chicken and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine stock, ginger, and garlic. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Add mushrooms; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes. Add zucchini noodles; simmer 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat. Add spinach; stir just until wilted. Stir in chicken.
Divide among four bowls; top with hard-cooked egg halves and scallions. If desired, sprinkle with crushed red pepper.